The Northeast corner of the intersection shows buildings 8, 9, 10 and 12, which are, according to the legends above:
8 is the First Hotel in Winfield, the Walnut Valley House, established in 1870 by J. P. Short.
9 is the First Bank in Winfied, established in 1871 by J. C. Fuller.
10 is the location of the First Store which was the "Old Log Store" established in 1870 by the Town Co. of Manning et. al.